//iam3739 TRAIL LIFE

9/16/09

Realization #002: Why do we need to read the Bible?

This has been on my thoughts lately and despite having been able to conclude everything. I still want to share it to you; my friends, relatives, and fam! XOXOXO... :D

Why do we need to read the Bible? This is quite a question we might ask ourselves. Why are some people reading it? Why do some Christians don't? Why? Why?

As far as I can see it. The Bible is the most important book. Its a guiness record holder! It is the most translated book in the world, a best - seller, and probably, "the most smuggled item in the world."

The Bible is a book that many Christians would die for. If its not that important then why do Bible Couriers risk their lives into crossing borders with a bag filled with 150-190 pieces of Bible, one single mistake and this could send him to prison, worse would be death.

As much as how my story look fictional to you, but the story is real on the other side of the world. Many Christians risk their lives for a book, because it is a book that gives hope. That is the message of Christ. Still don't believe me? Please feel free to read on his experience.

Let me ask you again, Why do we need to read the Bible? Please allow me to ask another question. Do we really know that hope we have in God or are they just flying words of preaching from someone else? They say Christians have faith, but is it a faith that reasons "I just believe it!" kinda thing? or is it a faith in line with what Romans 10:17 says?

I can conclude on this thing. We are grateful to have our own Bible with us. We can buy at least five different versions; from NIV, KJV, to NLT. The list just goes on and on... But have we ever take the time in reading it? To know God better and to know ourselves better?

We are that grateful! Because the people living in countries where Christianity is banned is aching and praying for years to have their own copy of the Bible which they often refer as the "Diary from the Lord". They tear it page by page and allow everyone in their secret church rotate each page just to know something great about their God and how He really, really, really loves us.

Our hope, is it sitting covered with dust? Let us humble ourselves and make this book worthier than what it used to be. God loves you; take time to read His diary about how fearfully and wonderfully made you are. It's your life manual.







*Oist, not in a preaching mode ha! Just got really inspired by how a friend of mine shared her life in China together with the bible couriers. She said, the youngest was a 17 year old girl, asteeeeg ang tibay ng loob!

NOTE: I don't have any copyright of the picture. If anyone thinks it doesn't belong here. Please email me at sandreroque[at]gmail[dot]com or go to http://iam3739.co.cc Contact Page.

3 comments:

Jez said...

Inspiring :)

ESugarFR said...

i am fourteen and a catholic. i wonder why in Born-Again they have devotions while we don't. I tried reading the bible every free time but there are many distractions. after all, Bible is our source of the truth.

Mindanaoan Driver said...

Hello Miel, let me welcome you to Trail Life. A blessing indeed you are!

With regard to your question, my church and church mates really encouraged me to read the Bible. (",) Like you before, I also asked the question "for what?" I can't see any reason to do it. However, my heart got so lowly when my Pastor asked me how much I know about God and the people He used for His unmeasurable glory. So I decided to really start doing devotions bit by bit and tell you what, I kinda see the purpose in it until I make sure I have to accomplish one everyday.

(Btw, since devotions are often unique from person to person, still the outcome is to learn about what God wants us to change in our life, to know Him more and to become Christ-like.)

For me, devotions are like a diary. I write or draw something where my heart leads me to praise God. When I read my Bible, I often reflect what God wants to teach me and apply this day. I make an evaluation of myself during the night. As I have told you this purpose, it is something personal. Ika-nga, "It changes you." like Sky Cable.

So after this long post. (lol) Devotion helps us become closer to God. It trains us, defines us, and creates something special within our relationship with God. We get to know ourselves and most especially the God we love. After all, the Bible has answers indeed! It is the truth diba?

As your kuya, I don't know why Catholics don't have devotions. But I am pretty sure you're not forbidden to read your Bible and start a wonderful journey of getting to know the God who promised you Jeremiah 29:11. Also to get to know what God wants you to be because I am pretty sure it will be something jaw-breaking! Since you said, you experienced distractions, tell you what, hindi ka nag-iisa! You are not alone! :) Many Christians also get distracted be we just have to fight against that distraction, pray ka before you start reading and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth!

Again sorry sa long post. I am glad you are here. I will be praying for you Miel! :D

God Bless!

-iam3739/Drey Roque