//iam3739 TRAIL LIFE

8/28/09

Realization #001: Over and Over

I realized this in my life.

When things get rough and it's hard to forgive, I become alone by myself. I become weaker and weaker; devotions pass through my days. Opportunities from heaven are closed.

Then you find yourself stumbling and falling again.

"Consider it pure joy", someone said that to me that night but confused I become. He said, "When all things turn rough, be joyful always". He didn't stop there as he added, "because it will develop perseverance and faith."

I cried lightly as the world dictates that I should not since a man is defined on a box with a character based on firmness and strength. But God tells me to be a man for Him, not in a box, but a strong, firm-faith'ed, powerful, conqueror, history maker, and sensitive to discern. I thought these things require me to sacrifice in order to be refined, hence, I get all too tired.

But then He said again, "Consider it pure joy." God knew all His sacrifices. The cross was a painful thing for Him to do but He knew that this sacrifice would eventually turn to pure joy.

Then I realized, God in the first place considered it pure joy.

No comments: