//iam3739 TRAIL LIFE

12/18/08

The Birth of a Desire

I love 3C, not just because of the staff but because this area in Manila Doctors Hospital has been the most challenging for me. It's fun doing all the work, I don't see it as toxic the way I see it before. So what's challenging about that?

I met a patient at the 3C area and his prognosis was quite poor. So bad that he couldn't talk, he just sleeps while aided by a mechanical ventilator. As a student nurse, I can't help it thinking "What can I do?" But as a Christian, I asked the Lord in silence, "Lord, if touch him, will there be a big change in his prognosis?" I didn't ask God directly for his total and instant healing, probably because my faith is not as big as a mustard seed? Or afraid of the result?

I know that the Lord has His timing, or He knows that I am not ready yet. As I have said, I love 3C because it became the birthplace of a new desire in healing. For now, I will provide the best care I could give for my patients.

No comments: