//iam3739 TRAIL LIFE

12/17/08

A Channel of God's Love

Taking up Nursing has never been an easy decision for me. As a matter of fact when I was about to walk to school for an enrollment, I wept and asked the Lord if this is His will for me. My other choices was to become an educator or a dentist but these was beyond what my parents and siblings dreamed of my becoming so they asked me to take up nursing.

I have to swallow it for years, I hated the shoes that the school required us to wear. The demanding clinical instructors and the way they grade the students. The way I kept on blabbing when I go to my R.L.E. duties etc. I am a man of God but I hated the people around me especially those who implement the law. I say that I am a Christian but I forgot to guard my heart against hatred. So it seems that I need the changing...

And the Lord did, I decided to put my trust in Him as I used the power of His word, the author of my life and it was not in vain. One of the main practices that I have to do during my morning devotional time is to pray for the school, and the teachers; their energy and heart to teach. But the most significant praise I got so far is the 'love' I have found in the Lord which I pass through the people around me. This love enabled me to care for my patients, obey my teachers, and try to understand them and pray for them.



It's a hard habit, but then the Lord says that true love endures... Can't complain about that anymore.

No comments: