//iam3739 TRAIL LIFE

4/29/09

Photo Dig: Winning the Shell Free Fuel Experience


Okay this is me. Not the best picture in the world but I don't really care. This picture reminds me of how God has been good to me that not only He allowed me to win a free fuel worth 700 pesos ONCE but also TWICE!

As I was just about to park beside the pump, I told the gasoline staff to fill the car with 200PHP worth of fuel. For no reason at all, they asked me if they could inspect the car and ask me some questions about car maintenance and eco driving. At first I was quite hesitant because I need to be at wildSONs but then he insisted that it will only take me 10 minutes of my time. So I took the test...

They asked me seven questions about how I drive, how to check the car etc. etc. To be honest, it was pretty easy for me knowing these things after having a seminar from Ford Philippines and having won a title of "Lowest Fuel achieved of ~4.54L/100 km in a Ford Focus TDCi". So let's just say I got them correctly and I was able to add some more information for the staff to know more about eco driving. Hehehe... Boasting aside. This was also the time I appreciated Shell since then, more than the other big oil companies. We've been a Shell user since the Honda Jazz arrived on our hands. I really appreciated their promos and how they return back to the community.

Part of the win was because of the gift of knowledge. Reading facts and testing it by experience reaped good harvest. As it happened, I was just filling the car up with fuel worth PHP200 at Shell. (Student lang kasi). After that, I drove off 700PHP worth from the station! I felt so blessed and shouted thanks to the Lord inside the car.

So here's my fuel saving tips;
  1. Maintain your car properly and on time!
  2. Inflate your tires properly under the recommendations from the manufacturer.
  3. Turn off the engine if necessary.
  4. Do not over-rev the car. Don't pass 2000rpm when cruising.
  5. Anticipate a stop. Don't apply the brakes instantaneously, instead allow the car to cruise slowly to stop if possible.
  6. Clean and wax the car to lessen drag.
  7. Remove unnecessary weight inside the car.
  8. Tail larger cars to lessen drag.
For more information: Why not check read more here?

Let us continue promoting safe, economical driving for everyone!

Greetings from 3739!

No comments: