//iam3739 TRAIL LIFE

4/24/09

Tour of the Fireflies 09

Have you seen the fireflies lately? I can say that I miss them for quite some time now. I live in the province of Bukidnon half of my life, but I only saw less than 10 fireflies of my lifetime. How sad for me to think that they are getting rarer and rarer.

Then I realized this. Life is always unfair especially to the lesser power such as animals, plants and insects. These living beings which God has placed us to watch over have long been neglected in favor to our personal wants. Hence, the balance of life and the joy of art that the fireflies bring is getting extinct. Sometimes, we just have to stop with the our artificial source of happiness. We must search for ourselves the true happiness which can only seen within the natural realm - His creation; art and design. Hey, that's why I am here. I believe it is also the reason why the Tour of the Fireflies is here.

The Firefly Brigade is an action group formed ten years ago. It promotes clean air and habitable, people-friendly, lung-friendly environment in the city. It is because of the fireflies who have long left the streets of Manila, the tour of the Fireflies directs a point that soon we are going to face certain disease that have caused by our own actions. The tour is about biking since it is the only vehicle that would be considered as cheap, environmentally-friendly, quiet, and fast. The tour will start at Tiendesitas, it will run for 50 kilometers at a relax pace of 12-15 kph allowing the kids to have fun without straining themselves. Moreover, the relax pace will allow the public to know that we bring clean air and that biking is truly an alternative for those who are working. 

I have joined the tour two times already. I have been a participant of the tour since 2007. That was my first time being in Manila with my bike and I never imagined an event such as this. There were many bikers who felt were a family; united as one carrying the same message to our beloved countrymen. This experience of bringing back to the environment is very different from what I usually do everyday. The whole 7,000 bikers who participated last Sunday really brought a message of hope to Mother Earth. Bikers love it. People appreciate it. Mamang driver should like us too! So next year, if you have a bike... Come and join us too!


The Kids love TOF!




The pretty can smile under the sun...




See you next year!

Greetings from 3739!

No comments: