//iam3739 TRAIL LIFE

4/7/09

Tesla S Impressions and my voice for the company



Finally, thanks to the internet I was able to take a glimpse of how the anticipated Tesla sedan will look after so much waiting.

Tesla is an electric car manufacturer that produces the first 200 miler high speed super roadster. Years back, they promised their costumers and the world that they will be introducing a sedan with the same range, driving dynamics, and power of the roadster. To my surprise, what they promised turned out to be even better. The Tesla S (stands for sedan) can be fully charged in less than 6 hours, and goes 300 miles with emissions. It has four doors and can seat seven humans (5 adults + 2 jump seats for children). Even though it has been unveiled as a concept car, the car works and runs to impress the journalists. Styling cues is somewhat similar to Aston Martin and a Jaguar, as a result, the Tesla S looks sexy, I think it's much sexier than the Maserati Quattroporte. I also love the idea of a 17" screen which is really lovely to look at but somehow distracting. The Tesla S should be equipped with a button to turn off all instrument lights except for the vital guages. Being known as an environmentally-friendly car, the materials used would be better if its made from organic materials. Anyway, not much details were given about that...

I am currently in love with this electric sedan, it goes well with my requirements of a car. But sadly, I can't own one yet. I would own one if it's sold in Germany which by 2011 is my goal to study there taking up automotive engineering.

But for now, here is my voice for the company. I know I am not an expert on this because I really don't know what's what. So please treat me as a humble voice who wants to help the success of the company. So here goes, if Tesla decides to go global especially in Southeast Asia specifically the Philippines. They should have smaller and cheaper cars. I believe the Tesla S is the size of a Chevrolet Lumina or a Toyota Camry but its too big for us Asians. Tesla should go for the size of Corolla's, Lancer's, or Sentra's giving the same 300 miles of range or better and should be priced below $20,000 (PHP1,200,000 Tax Inclusive). Anything more expensive than that for a sedan is failure. The sedan's suspension should be as sturdy like Corollas but steering feel should be like the Ford Focus. If you wish to go $25,000 - $30,000, the more sellable vehicle for this would be a CUV (Compact Utility Vehicle) e.g. Outlander, CR-V, Rav4 offering 7 seats, and decent fording capabilities. So I guess that's just for now.

I don't consider myself as a Tesla fan but I do admit that I am getting there. I realized this after so much saliva wasted on salivating about the Tesla S.

Well, my last words for the company. I will be praying for your success! God Bless you Tesla!

No comments: