//iam3739 TRAIL LIFE

2/1/09

Why Yahoo Messenger is still ahead of Google Talk?

VS

I have been a Gmail user ever since my brothers switched for their service. The interface is fast, simple, and clean. Compared to Yahoo Mail, Gmail gives you a better mailbox space, ability to send larger files, and better mobile support. But why is it not-so popular compared to Y! Mail?


In my opinion, I think it's because of the massive chatting network that Yahoo had established years ahead from Google. Though Google offers better services in terms of e-mail and integration between different applications, it would still fall short because there aren't much Google Talk users I could find on my friends' list. Now if Google Talk has the ability to access Yahoo Messenger accounts and offer better lifestyle applications such as integrated text editor/word processor, two-way powerpoint presentation viewer, more fun looking smilies, a better radio and on-line game offerings. Could Google be that far away from getting some more Gtalk users? Definitely no. Because great applications deserve to be known better.

2 comments:

aDmiral said...

i like Skype more than these two

Mindanaoan Driver said...

Yes, Skype is also great! But my friends doesn't use it like YM.