//iam3739 TRAIL LIFE

3/18/09

3739 Gets to Ride a Tank!

Yes, you read it right!

Another blessing in disguise happened to me last Sunday. Though it almost got late again from SOL 1, I managed to drive swiftly as possible maintaining my pledge of obeying the rules of traffic especially speed limits.

Anyway, going back to the topic, I left home at around 10:00 a.m because I am supposed to meet my thesis group mates at Burger King, SM Mall of Asia. Upon arriving the venue, I noticed big tents were dispatched inside San Miguel Bay. I saw hundreds of military troops conducting a program awareness for the public about the technology and capability of the Philippine army.

It was my first time to hold a Bazooka, machine guns, grenades, military bags, etc. But nothing can beat the idea of offering free ride of their tanks during the said event. Not interested at first, but I said to myself, "This isn't always an everyday chance to ride on a tank", so I did!

Part of my intention to visit the program was to ask their requirement as a Military Nurse. I have been thinking about this job too. They said, it will only take me 3 months of training. Hmm... No idea yet but I think it would be nice.

Here are some of the pictures of the event.

DSC_0277

DSC_0276
I want to donate some of my blood but I can't. Already donated less than two months ago.

DSC_0304
They were called Team Manny Pacquiao. Don't know why.

DSC_0285
Dogs, Guns, Grenades... They're everywhere!

DSC_0280

DSC_0283

DSC_0281

And me on the Tank!

DSC_0315
Waiting for arrival...

DSC_0324
Inside the tank...

DSC_0323

I thank the Lord for this gift of experience. This happened last 15/3/2009. One of most unexpected events I have enjoyed visiting to.

Greetings from 3739!

No comments: