//iam3739 TRAIL LIFE

3/22/09

My Reva Experience!!! (All Electric Vehicle)

This was a blessed day despite the fact that our thesis needs a major overhaul. Argh, trying to look for something gotta do. I remembered about a certain event at SMX, knowing its really near from where I am driving. I said to myself, "I have to visit the place since they're showcasing 'eco' products there!". Prior to entering the building, I was expecting to see some Mercedes Smart on display since their banners was composed of a Smart car image but to my surprise, the G-wiz was the car I saw!!! The G-Wiz is an all electric, plug-in car sold in the UK but here in the Philippines, it is called the Reva. I also saw a lot of EV's on display, one of which is the PhUV's eJeepney and some other electric tricycles and motorcycles. The best part of the news is that they can now be registered to be used on the street legally.

Okay, so I got to the booth where the Reva was displayed. Oh gosh! I sat on it without hesitating, my heart felt like it was melting and I can't believe I am sitting on the world's best selling electric car and it's now in the Philippines! To tell you honestly, this was also one of the most emotional events I have been to'.

So I interrupted the models and asked for some questions, hehehe, sadly they asked the technical guys to answer my questions. They said that prices will start at around P500,000-P600,000, but this is still tax exclusive. Me and the company would like the government to offer electric cars with zero tax incentives mainly because they don't pollute the air. I am a proud Makati resident, thanks to our mayor who was the first one to approve the use of eJeepneys for the public. This has made a great impact to the other government offices. I am planning to write a somewhat 'thank you' letter to the mayor. He's just a few blocks away from my place by the way. Mayor, sabi nyo po, a healthy city is a walkable city! hehehe... Salamat sa eJeepney!

You see, I am a strong evangelist of electric cars, I love them more than any fuel-efficient vehicle that's available on the market today. Mainly because I became a convert after watching a documentary entitled "Who Killed the Electric Car?" by Chris Paine. Fuel cells and hybrids are nice, but the feasibility of electric cars on our city works fine for me. Plus, did you know that the money you can save from staying away from pumps can buy you a solar panel for your home after 3-5 years? I really wanted a solar-powered house built in our farm in Bukidnon sometime in the future.

Anyway, as I was waiting for the car to arrive, I felt like I have achieved one of my dreams. What the other EV drivers have been feeling all this time is now running through my veins. I am not on a state of tachycardia or hypertension. I just feel really happy feeling that this is one of God's special gifts. I give the Lord the glory for this!

So during the drive, the G-Wiz's power was just enough. The instrument panel is quite similar to those found on motorcycles; very basic but useful. Hey, I even overtook an Expedition, rude of me to thinking of opening the windows and give the Expedition driver a thumbs down! (Sorry, Pastor O) LOL! It has a range of 80 kilometers which is good for us (I don't want to compete it against the i MIEV's 160 km range or the Rav4 EVs 220 km range). This Reva is one humble little angel disguised as a hatch!

And once again thank you EVnnovations for this daring move. I will pledge to pray for the growth success of your company and the your products because you are an answered prayer!

Once again, I am reminded by...
"If I change, Everything Will Change!"

Fuego para environmental cada vez más! Greetings from 3739!

No comments: