//iam3739 TRAIL LIFE

1/15/09

The Joyful Habit

I once heard a guy at church telling me about being joyful. He said, "It's hard to stay joyful whenever problems arise coming from both sides, but the Lord commanded me to be joyful so there's no arguing about it".

I stopped and think. Remembering the things he said because I realized that it's hard to stay joyful. How can I express this in times when I fail a quiz, the family gets messed up or failed to make my client comfortable?

Being joyful is a hard habit but I believe it is God's command for us to stick with it because no matter how hard life is going to be, we the carriers of light may serve as a channel of hope to the people around us. The word of the Lord says, "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! - Philippians 4:4. Also didn't the Bible tells us to consider all trials as pure joy? "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." - James 1:2-4.

So I learned, being joyful is also showing your faith. You believe (though not being able to see) that everything will turn out good, that's why I am joyful. 

Perseverance 
- continuance in a state of grace leading finally to a state of glory.
- steadfast in doing something  despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.

No comments: