//iam3739 TRAIL LIFE

1/28/09

Missing the Mountains

It's been a while since I haven't gone out for a real fresh air. I've been writing this because I miss peace and the mountains - Bukidon, wherever! Many of my bike buddies and Christian friends ask me, why don't you ride no more? I can't say anything better than this...



We'll to frank, biking has been like a spiritual thing to me. I can sense God in the midst of my rides. I love it! I can't just contain my happiness when I see nature in its total glory. I think I am covered with peace, serenity; inside of me feels like a thousand lightning bolts. Call me insane or crazy, but you will actually see me smiling without any reason. I think God just wants to tickle me on the head.

Anyway, why don't I ride no more? I can simply say that I no longer have the time for a ride. Most especially the budget to maintain a bike. I miss my much loved river crossing experience which will cost me a lot of maintenance on my bicycle components. Ever since I decided to stay away from the Lord because of this "Feeling-based Faith" I have, the bike was unused most of the time. So I have come to a decision to sell some of the parts.

If I can just have the time and money once again. I would surely ride all by myself even for the whole day. :D




1 comment:

Blessy said...

"I can sense God in the midst of my rides."
perhaps because He's always with you throughout the rides...
and even after it...
for the longest time =)